I hope that you all have a super Easter! Below are some activities to do over the next 2 weeks. Remember to upload what you have been up to onto Tapestry or you can email me (email@example.com). HAPPY EASTER!
Read 3 of your own books from home and choose 3 of the reading homework activities already in your reading record to complete.
Extreme reading challenge
Read one of the books in an unusual place and send me a photo (this can be done through Tapestry or sent to my email).
- Decorate an egg as a character from a story. Send me a photo (this can be done through Tapestry or sent to my email).
- Choose your favourite story and make a story sack. This might include:
- Your own version of the book (have a go at making your own book or copy the book that you have chosen. Draw the pictures and ask a grown up to write the words or you could type them on your computer).
- Stick puppets
- A game (pairs, snap, a snakes and ladders style game – see if your grown ups can help you make one that you can play together).
- Some facts about the story e.g. if you chose the Gruffalo you might write facts about woodland creatures.
I have come across some other useful websites where you will find other Easter activities :)
Look at what we have been up to!
Well done to all of you who have been accessing your learning online and have been working so hard. It has been lovely to see so many of you getting up to so many lovely things as well as taking part in the learning activities I have suggested. Lots of you have been making great use of Tapestry and this is wonderful.
Your pictures have definitely been brightening my days - thank you for sharing them with me. Here is just a selection for you all.
Stay safe and keep having lots of fun. Love Mrs Bunniss x
Week Commencing: 30/03/2020
I hope you have all had a good week and have stayed safe and well. It has been lovely to see so many of you engaging with Mrs Bourne and I on Tapestry. It is a great platform for us to see what you have been learning at home and I have been adding observations regularly with tips and ideas of things you can be doing/learning whilst you are at home. If anyone is having problems with it please email me (my email is firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will do all I can to help. If you are unable to use Tapestry please drop me an email with any work etc. that you have been doing at home :) This Week's work is set out below.
Please complete the following two tasks during the week.
- Begin subtraction. Subtract 2 single-digit number using objects. For example 9 - 5 = ? count out 9 objects, physically take away 5 from the pile and put them somewhere else and then count how many you have left.
- Continue practising number recognition with numbers to 20, counting forwards and backwards to and from 20. Ask your parents to hide number cards around your house or garden. Shout out what number you have found as your find them and then see if you can put them all in order to make a number line. Put photos of your number hunt on Tapestry.
- Create a profile for your own dragon .
- give it a name
- tell me what it looks like (what colour is it? Does it have horn? Has it got a long tail? Etc.)
- where does it live?
- what does it eat?
- Purple Mash 2 Do – Castle captions.
- Practise your phonics – we have learned all of the letters of the alphabet plus qu, ch, th, ng, ai, ee. (if you can use these sounds confidently when reading and writing try learning the igh sound – information on the actions etc is on an observation on Tapestry entitled Phonics).
- Choose one of the activities from our list of things to complete in order to graduate knight school (picture below from last week). Put some photos on Tapestry for us to see how your Knight training is going.
I have also found an additional website that may be useful.
This website has been recommended and highlighted with activities for children to do with parents at home. It also has a very useful list of aps suitable for children that may be helpful for those of you whom have access to tablets or iPads.
Week commencing: 23/03/2020
This week we have been continuing our learning around castles and our Knight School activities. We have been focusing on dragons in our Literacy lessons and addition in our Maths lessons. Have a go at the activities below and show your parents what we have been leaning in the classroom. Please continue to use Tapestry it is a fantastic resource for us all. Upload pictures of the things that you have been up to at home so that we can remain in touch.
Please complete the following two tasks during the week.
- Practise adding 2 single-digit numbers together in as many different ways as you can (in school we have been using our fingers, objects and the part-whole model). There are some games on Education City that we have been playing on the IWB. Beach Holiday and Fruit shop are the 2 games we played last week.
- Continue practising number recognition with numbers to 20, counting forwards and backwards to and from 20.
- We have been reading a story all about different dragons and designing our own. Create a wanted poster for your dragon. Remember to use your phonic knowledge when writing the words on your poster.
- Purple Mash 2 Do – Dragon and Knight.
- Practise your phonics – we have learned all of the letters of the alphabet plus qu, ch, th, ng, ai, ee.
- Choose one of the activities from our list of things to complete in order to graduate knight school.
If you have any queries about the above learning activities, you can contact me via email for support at:
New work will be posted on the website by midday each Monday except during the official holidays. Please check the website for work updates and remember to use the websites below to access further learning.
Remember to use the targets sent home in the parents evening notes. These are essential skills that the children need to use and master by the end of the year. Please do these alongside the tasks set above!
We have prepared a list of useful websites that you can access from home with free membership during the time your child is off school.
Please use these as an extra learning resource as and when you need to:
We play lots of the games on this website during our phonics lessons.
Make a record of books that you have read in the back of your reading record.
Teach Your Monster to Read
We use this regularly on the classroom iPads.
It is free to sign up and will give you access to lots of online reading materials such as e-books and magazines.
White Rose Maths
Ideas for further Maths activities.
Additional resources for home learning.
100 things to do indoors
Lovely list of activities to do whilst you are stuck inside :) We do a lot of Shonette's activities in the classroom including dough disco.